Archive of Business Articles – Chris Crum
Archive of Business Articles – Chris Crum
- Facebook Makes it Easier to Create Mobile Video Ads
With new templates, fonts, stickers, and the ability to save drafts added to its Video Creation Kit, Facebook lets businesses further customize their mobile videos.... more
- Taradel Study Looks at How Small Businesses Are Implementing Multichannel Marketing
A recent survey shows that small businesses are still utilizing direct mail marketing in this digital era, combining it with social media and email marketing for best results.... more
- CNBC/SurveyMonkey Poll Finds Increase in Small Business Hiring, Revenue, and Expectations
Despite shortages in labor, small businesses are increasing spending on employment and social media, and consider current business conditions good, with revenue increasing.... more
- SBA Proposes New Certification Rule for Women-Owned Small Businesses to Bolster...
The Small Business Administration hopes that a proposed rule providing a free online application process will assist certification of women-owned small businesses.... more
- Facebook Announces Features to Make it Easier for Businesses to Connect...
With new lead generation templates and appointment booking capabilities, Facebook’s Messenger Platform becomes even easier for businesses to use to connect with customers.... more
- Manifest Survey: Small Businesses Plan to Increase Investment in Social Media...
A majority of small businesses are increasing their marketing spending, with most preferring digital marketing over traditional channels, and increasing spending on social media.... more
- Instagram Invites Business to Engage with Audiences Beyond Their Followers
New features in Instagram’s Story Ads allow businesses to interact with their customers, and businesses will soon be able to shop and also checkout from within Instagram.... more
- National Small Business Week Is Coming
In addition to honoring 2019’s National Small Business Week awardees, the two-day virtual conference will include seminars and workshops around the country and networking opportunities.... more
- NFIB Index Shows Business Optimism Up While Uncertainty Remains, Job Creation...
Although the Small Business Optimism Index improved in February and job openings recovered; earnings trends, compensation, and prices remained lower, and uncertainty still exists.... more
- Visual Objects Survey: Over a Third of Small Businesses Have No...
Sixty percent of small businesses believe having a website is essential to successful digital marketing, despite a recent poll's findings that 40 percent do not have a website.... more
- Facebook Launches Podcast for Business Stories
Along with new messaging and group features, Facebook is connecting with businesses by sharing ideas from business leaders and entrepreneurs in its new 3.5 Degrees Podcast.... more
- Paychex Survey Shows How Government Shutdown Impacted Some Businesses
A reduction in federal customers and a delay in payments were the biggest issues faced by some small businesses that were impacted by the federal government shutdown.... more
- SBA Has a New Leader of Financial Program Operations
Jihoon Kim is promoted to Director of the SBA’s Office of Financial Program Operations, overseeing the agency’s lending operations and managing its loan portfolio.... more
- Survey: Teens Want to Start Businesses
Recent surveys find that forty-one percent of teenagers want to start a business, despite the “fear of failure,” a concern also shared with adult entrepreneurs.... more
- Survey: Employees Happier Working at Small Businesses
Less stress, more fun, increased workplace flexibility, and a greater sense of appreciation explain employees’ happiness at small businesses, according to Aflac’s recent survey.... more
- Small Business Saturday 2018 Hits a $17.8 Billion Record
Holiday shopping to support brick and mortar and online small and independently owned businesses continues to increase in the ninth year of this annual tradition.... more
- SBA Touts its Lending Momentum
SBA's 7(a) and 504 small business loan programs showed strong performances in FY18, helped by the new 25-year Debenture and Lender Match platform.... more
- Survey: 25% of Americans Own a Side Business
A recent survey found that most who entered into a side business did so for financial gain, did not expect it to become full-time, and had no insurance on the side business.... more
- Making Your Facebook Business Account More Secure
Facebook advises business owners to check their account settings in view of a recent security breach affecting personal accounts, but no password change is recommended.... more
- Survey Finds 30 Percent of Small Businesses Think They’re Overpaying Taxes
The majority of small business owners think they are capable of handling company finances without outside expert assistance, nearly one third feel they are overpaying their taxes.... more
- Facebook Gives Businesses New Video Creation Tools
Facebook announces new tools to help businesses adopt a mobile-first strategy in creating video ads, including a video creation kit, cropping tool, and templates.... more
- Survey: Number of Small Business Owners Pleased with Overall Business Conditions...
A recent CNBC/SurveyMonkey survey shows disagreement among small business owners on trade and tariffs, but continued satisfaction with overall business conditions.... more
- Paychex's Business Sentiment Report Finds Businesses Optimistic
Paychex releases data from its first Business Sentiment Report, which finds businesses generally optimistic despite a tight labor market and increased state regulation.... more
- Facebook Gives Businesses New Mobile Ad Tools (And More)
Facebook creates new tools for its Ads Manager app for mobile devices, updates video ad metrics, and introduces WhatsApp Business to connect with existing and potential customers.... more
- New Labor Rule Impact on Small Business
A new DOL rule has expanded access to Association Health Plans to the self-employed and their families, providing more affordable health insurance options.... more
- Survey Finds Small Business Perks More Attractive Than Pay Raise to...
Small business employees are more interested in benefits, such as flexible work hours and increased vacation time, than in pay raises according to recent surveys.... more
- Google Takes Measures to Help Protect Small Businesses from Scammers
In addition to new educational resources, better reporting tools and policies, and legal action, Google is finding new ways to help small businesses avoid scammers.... more
- Survey Finds Millennials More Likely to Crowdfund Small Businesses
Despite the uncertainty of success, millennials are more likely to use crowdfunding to start a new small business than adults over age 35, who prefer traditional business loans.... more
- Small Business Owners Find Present to Be Good Time for Growth,...
In addition to findings on growth, a recent survey from WalletHub also includes statistics on factors for small business success, business credit card usage and rewards, and the best cities in the US in which to start a small business.... more
- Pinterest Launches New Business Profiles
Pinterest recently announced the launch of new profiles for businesses along with new insights and a way to be discovered.... more
- Survey Finds Over Half of Small Businesses Post on Social Media...
According to recent data, the majority of small businesses post, share, and use images on social media daily, with women and millennial owners leading the trend.... more
- NFIB Survey: Optimism, Compensation, and Job Creation All Up
With small business owners no longer worried about taxes, optimism continues its 16-month run, according to the NFIB's most recent index report.... more
- Facebook Announces New Plans for Helping Small Businesses Hire
Facebook is now offering a new tool significant to small business owners. IT allows you to use the platform to attract and hire new employees.... more
- SBA Training Event Series Targets Small Businesses with High-Growth Potential
SBA gives a boost to 'the little guys'. Their new initiative is aimed at executives of small business' with high growth and potential.... more
- Small Businesses Gaining Interest in Loans, Pepperdine Survey Finds
Pepperdine survey finds that small businesses are gaining interest in loans. This report was done with businesses with revenue up to $100 million.... more
- Small Business Optimism High Going Into 2018
Small business optimism is gaining speed going into 2018. Will the trend continue as the year progresses?... more
- NFIB Survey: Small Businesses Believe It's a Good Time For Expansion
Many small businesses believe it's a good time to expand.... more
- SCORE Report Finds Small Businesses Facing Personnel Challenges
Reports were done based on data polled via online surveys for small businesses. The reports showed mainly positive feedback but did expose some common problems for small business owners.... more
- Late Payments a Growing Problem for Small Businesses, Survey Finds
The more you can do to avoid late payments, the better. Get your invoice out quickly and follow-up often. Reducing late payments will put your business in better health.... more
- Report: Small Business Wages on The Rise
Small business wages are on the rise.... more
- Report Looks at State of SMB Cybersecurity
Cyber threats are becoming more frequent and increasingly sophisticated. The US SBA has launched training courses to help combat it.... more
- Small Business and Trump Administration Tax Proposal
A new tax reform has been developed through the Trump Administration and the House of Committee.... more
- SBA Names New Deputy Administrator
The United States Small Business Administration has recently appointed a new deputy administrator. Coetzee Leslie has impressive management experience that the SBA will benefit from.... more
- SBA Takes First Step in Modernization of Federal Contracting Programs
The United States Small Business Administration (SBA) has just announced its first step in the modernization. An online tool has launched, that is a map for Historically Underutilized Business Zones.... more
- U.S. Small Business Borrowing Reaches 2-Year High
Small business borrowing reaches a 2 year high as businesses invest more to meet customer satisfaction.... more
- Harvey's Impact on Small Businesses
Hurricane Harvey brought great amounts of damage to many small Texas businesses. Many of which will never reopen their doors.... more
- Facebook Gives Businesses More Control Over How Their Ads Appear
Putting your Ads on social media is an amazing marketing decision. Now with Facebook's new 'Audience Network' you have control over how and where your ads appear.... more
- SBA Launches Cybersecurity Online Training Initiative
The Cybersecurity Online Training Initiative features online courses at the beginner and intermediate levels. Learn how to take extra steps to protect your small business.... more
- Small Business Owners Worry About Health Care Bill
The repeal or replacement of certain proposals of the current Affordable Care Act has many small business owners concerned.... more
- Survey: 90% of Small Business Owners Work from Home to Maintain...
A survey was conducted and found out that 90% of small business owners work from home. Most would agree they get just as much work done, if not more and are able to be more productive with their life in general.... more
- Instagram Encourages Businesses to Get Ready for Summer
Businesses should jump on the summer bandwagon. They should utilize the dominant summertime hashtags to get in front of the most viewers.... more
- SBA Funds Organizations Offering Entrepreneurship Training to Women Veterans and Military...
The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is awarding as much as $300,000 in Women Veteran Entrepreneurship Training Program grants.... more
- Study Finds Most Small Businesses Not Prepared for Data Loss
It is extremely smart to have a system in place for backing up your data.... more
- Facebook Gives Businesses Some Hiring Help
Facebook has always been a useful tool when it comes to the hiring process. A new feature coming to Facebook will allow businesses to post jobs and candidates to apply straight from Facebook.... more
- Is Your Small Business Taking Advantage of Webinars?
By hosting a webinar you can reach many people from different locations. Utilize digital video and engage your audience in improving your business or brand.... more
- Brands Most (And Least) Trusted By Small Business Owners
Worthiest brands like Amazon, Google received the highest ratings for trusted brands, whereas brands like Yelp, Comcast were considered the least trusted brands.... more
- National Small Business Association Surveys Businesses About Regulations
Small businesses are hoping for a bit of a reprieve with the new administration in the White House.... more
- Small Businesses Worry About Cyberattacks
Cyberattacks are becoming more and more popular over the last couple of years.... more
- Instagram Adds Live Video to Stories Feature to Help Businesses Connect...
Live video gives you a chance to inject some personality into your business. It helps your business connect with your community right now.... more
- Small Businesses Ended Year with Improved Sales, Profitability
With every year comes greater sales and profitability within small businesses. The annual revenues have increased, along with easier access to obtain credit which can only mean good things are in store for the U.S. economy.... more
- What Small Businesses Expect from President Trump
At this time, the country at large is still waiting to see what changes Small Business's can expect under the new Trump administration. There are currently mixed reviews. Only time will tell.... more
- Study Finds Lack of Support for Women Small Business Owners from...
Women-owned businesses employ eight million American workers, but a recent study shows that women are 'underrepresented' when it comes to receiving government contracts.... more
- Pinterest Announces New Promoted Pin Types to Help Businesses Reach Customers
Pinterest developed Promoted Pins which are making it easier for people to take the "next step" after they discover things on Pinterest. Promoted Pins drives users directly to the website allowing them to make a purchase on the spot.... more
These articles and resources are provided by Small Business Resources and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of People's United Bank. They are for general information only and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual or business. Please consult your attorney, accountant, or financial or other advisor with regard to your individual situation.
Any links to third party websites are provided for your convenience. These sites are not within our control and may not have the same privacy, security or accessibility standards as People's United Bank. These third parties are solely responsible for the content provided and the availability of their sites.
Copyright © 2005-2019 Small Business Resources.